Plastic Component Design to Moulding
Why Tex Plastics has the edge in component development and how it can add real value to your product range
Design-rationalisation, assessment and a 360° review at the start of all new component production pays massive dividends. It results in a more robust and ‘fit for purpose’ component with minimal waste, which is manufactured in the most efficient way.
This is a fundamental element of our management process
It is key to minimising lead-times and reducing all elements of risk before going into full production.
Once our in-house design team have completely understood the key requirements of the component, they undertake detailed perfomance and Moldflow® analysis. This accurately predicts how any given material will behave in the application concerned – an essential part of the material selection tool design process.
The process is project managed by a technical solutions manager
The appointed technical solutions manager will have specific experience in your sector. This minimises the communication chain and guarantees that critical paths are strictly adhered to, consistency is achieved and budgets are not exceeded.
Design & Prototyping Services
• Concept design
• Re-engineering of existing designs
• Mouldflow projections
• Material selection and specification
• SLA and SLS Models
• Vacuum Castings
Comprehensive facilities at both Barnstaple and Derby sites
This enables us to carry out either total manufacture, minor modification or refurbishment of mould tools – virtually eliminating the use of costly subcontractors. This tooling expertise uniquely places us to select the best tool making partners for your requirements. Cost, lead-times and quality needs allow us to source the preferred partner from our Global relationships with Tooling manufacturers, enabling you to acquire the best possible solution to bring your product to the market on time with the least risk.
Design and Prototyping Management Process:
- Commitment to meet or exceed customer expectations through a 360° review of product and supply chain
- Streamlined communication through a dedicated ‘sector focused’ technical solutions manager
- A realistic development schedule and tooling manufacturer selected, based upon client and component criteria
- Sampling and development completed to full approval by the toolmaker and managed by Tex Plastics
- Pre-production completed at Tex Plastics using the local technical skills employed for full product approval