7 reasons to re-shore your plastic injection moulding to the UK
Tex Plastics have experienced a resurgence in UK based companies looking for UK based plastic injection moulders to manufacture their plastic components.
The top 7 reasons businesses are re-shoring plastic injection moulding to the UK
In assessing the key reasons driving this swell in plastic injection moulding enquiries, wanting plastic components manufactured in the UK resulted in 7 key benefits.
- Consultancy and a personal touch – a customer centred approach from the start. Our plastic injection moulding development team strive to create lasting partnerships with our customers. This often starts with a concept design and design for manufacture process – but could be a cost down review of an existing component or product. Understanding your key objectives, your business model and the market help us help you to develop better products.
- Fast turnaround / shorter lead times / more flexible quantities – with no sea or air freight to delay production or delivery there are immediate benefits. However, with 3D printing and rapid prototyping plastic injection moulding short run options, you can remove risk and test the market, before committing to expensive tooling.
- Design and product innovation – no language barrier or time difference to prevent product development. Plus you get all the benefits of a more partner orientated approach to business, with proactive suggestions on design for manufacture benefits impacting unit costs, cosmetic appearance or environmental impact.
- Traceability and Logistics – Tex Plastic Injection Moulding carefully monitor every step of the manufacturing process and maintain detailed traceability records to ensure quality control. What’s more we can offer an integrated logistics solution, whether this is just in time line feed or outsourcing plastic component sub assembly.
- Ownership of tooling and IP – Your mould tools would reside in the UK, giving you the option to see them, touch them and feel more confident about they’re whereabouts. With Intellectual Property more widely policed and respected in the UK, it’s also unlikely your design will fall into the hands of competitors or counterfeiters.
- Reduce carbon footprint – by removing factors such as ocean and air freight and using our UK plastic injection moulding factory which is more environmentally friendly than most overseas factories the risk and carbon footprint is reduced.
- Removing unnecessary cost from manufacturing plastic parts – all elements of costs are managed proactively and wider remit than your typical plastic injection moulder. Savings can be made, by costs reduction, production optimised, improved logistics and we can even take on your overseas plastic injection product management should you need.
In the early stages of thinking about reshoring plastic injection moulding back to the UK?
Tex Plastics is a plastic injection moulding company operating in the UK with a highly experienced team. They understand the reshoring process, the risks and have robust processes to ensure your business or product is not impacted negatively by the switch. Our development team will first carry out on-site or off-site tooling reviews to understand any modification requirements. To ensure your plastic injection moulding re-shore is a smooth transition, we’ll work closely with your business to understand required stock holdings and project timelines to ensure there is no interruption to your business or customers.